Wednesday, January 14, 2009

March for Babies

The mission of the March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. Unfortunately, I have been touched by all three of these.

Last year, The March of Dimes changed the name of its biggest event to March for Babies. It's a great change because it makes very clear exactly who I am walking for -- all babies. I am very excited to be part of the second March for Babies; please support my participation.

The March of Dimes champions the needs of moms and babies in our community and across the nation. The money raised for March for Babies will support life-saving research, services, education, and advocacy that help babies get a healthy start.

I will be walking in memory of my daughter, Delilah Kaye, and in honor of her twin brother, William Charles. Lila and Will were born at 31 weeks on September 27, 2007. Lila was diagnosed with an encephalocele and holoprosencephaly when I was 11 weeks pregnant. Lila lived for 1 hour and 37 minutes and only knew love during her short stay with us. Please support the March for Babies so that all babies can get a healthy start.

No comments: